Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Product of the Week-Litter Lifter


As some of you may know, I'm the product editor for Catnip, a wonderful newsletter published by Tufts University. I regularly find really great products. I'm going to start sharing one a week with you.

Litter-Lifter
I've been called the Queen of Cat Litter because I've tested so many cat litters, litter boxes, litter scoops, odor control products, litter mats, litter brooms...Okay, you get the picture. Did you know there’s a right and a wrong way to scoop clumpable litter? Cheap plastic scoops are flimsy and break up the clumps. With enough of those crumbs, even freshly scooped litter fills the house with "that aroma." You know the one--the smell that causes neighbors to sniff the air and ask, "Did you get another cat?"

Litter Lifter lets you scoop lots of poo in record time. It's made of rigid ABS plastic. There's nothing flimsy about this baby. With it you can tidy a box in seconds, but still manage to trap crumbs other scoops miss. The Litter-Lifter has 12 (count them 12) one-inch long wedge-shaped tines, that are narrower at the top and than at the bottom. Since litter slides through the teeth so quickly, and so close to the pan, it cuts down on dust. Dig the comfortable handle too. The scooping area measures 5-inches by 7-inches with a 6-inch long handle. It may not scoop by itself, but cuts down on the time it takes. Even though I get free scoops all the time, I try them and then toss them. None have compared to Litter Lifter. HAPPY SCOOPING!

For more information check out the Web site: www.litter-lifter.com or call Preferred Merchandizing, Inc at 888-548-8375.

Dusty Rainbolt
Member of Cat Writers' Association & International Association of Animal Behavior Consultants
Author of Cat Wrangling Made Easy, Ghost Cats: Human Encounters with Feline Spirits, Kittens for Dummies, All the Marbles
www.dustyrainbolt.com

2 comments:

badurl said...

I'm happy to have found your blog (through a google search for Litter Lifter). I purchased the Litter Lifter two years ago and wish I could hand one to every person who scoops out litter. It's wonderful!!

tshire said...

I concur. We just got a Litter-lifter, and it is hands down the best litter scoop we have used. I'm so glad it's made in the USA!